Friday 22 May 2009

My First Post- Maavinkaayi Chutney | Karnataka Cuisine | Raw Mango Chutney


DSC_3807-001
It has been a long wait for me..in a sense that I waited too long to start my own blog. I must thank my SIL G and my husband S for this ! I am still not adept with all the skills of blogging but still want to give it a try. It's truly a dream come true! All these days I would read food blogs and used to feel mesmerized with the wonderful posts and pictures. I am still a novice and will try to match up with all you wonderful people out there and hope to get your support too.


I was debating whether my first post should be a sweet or a savory...eventually I decided on picking up a fruit which is abundantly available in the market now....Mango. I dedicate this recipe to my affectionate MIL who very kindly taught me cooking the Kannadiga way.... This is her recipe and S loves it . I have made this the very first time and it was an instant hit at the dining table , S saying it’s 10/10. The recipe is very simple and quick to make and the feedback was superlative "it's yummy"!!! So here it goes..

DSC_3823-001

Preparation Time:10mins

Cooking Time: 5-6mins

Serves:4-6P

Difficulty Level:Easy


Ingredients :

4-5 raw mangoes ( peeled and grated)

15-20 Bedagi red chilli

1tsp fenugreek seeds( methi dana)

7-8tsp oil

salt to taste

2tsp Mustard seeds

1/2tsp good quality Asafetida

Method :

Heat a spoon of oil and fry the fenugreek seeds and remove. To the remaining oil add the red chilies and sauté till crisp (use low flame). Now grind together the mango, fenugreek, chilies and salt (this needs a little extra salt , mango being very sour).

Heat 6-7 tsp oil ,add mustard seeds and asafetida followed by the mango paste . Sauté it for 4-5 mins and its done.

This chutney is mixed with rice. Raw groundnut or sesame oil is added on top. Refrigerate it for further use.
DSC_3828-001
Tips

 Jaggery can also be added for those who like a sweet and sour taste






If You Enjoyed This Post Please Take 5 Seconds To Share It.

10 comments:

Nalini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Great, i will definetly try this dish.
Good luck and Besh wishes for your efforts in blogging. I am sure it will be a big hit.

Vinay said...

Hi,

Loved the blog. Nice topic too. Wish you great success and hope to see a whole lot of recipies. I will have this blog bookmarked. Happy Blogging!

Regards,
Vinay.
http://mpvinay.blogspot.com

Vinay said...

Hi,

Great blog and great topic. The Mango chutney recipe was real good.

Will surely bookmark this blog for further reference.

All the best and happy blogging.

Regards,
Vinay
http://mpvinay.blogspot.com

Pari Vasisht said...

Thanks a lot for all the support

Deeba PAB said...

Welcome to this very addictive world of blogging. Great first post. Spicy & just right for the season!

gtyuk said...

that's a big bang for the first post! look at that hot colour, looks absolutely yummy!

Anonymous said...

lovely blog!! how long can we store this?

Pari Vasisht said...

This can be stored for 3-4months if stored in the refrigerator.

Priya Shiva said...

Lovely recipe! First post is always close to heart :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails